Wednesday 7 April 2010

He's at it again.

On a lighter note, I was chasing a 'street dance', erm, crew today called Diversity.

They won the Britain's Got Talent show, which I've not watched.

All I know about it is Piers Morgan appears on it. Hmm.

For obvious reasons they weren't in my contacts book, so I had to go through their PR people. Always a chilling prospect.

I still get the chills remembering an argument I got into with one of Sporty Spice's PR/tour people a few years ago.

I was getting carried away with my language when I realised that he was probably a pretty powerful foe. I shut up and took his abuse.

Anyway, Diversity's PR man, Joe, was great and came back to me with a comment by Ashley Banjo, Diversity's leader and choreographer.

The reason for this brush with celebrity is a police officer called Pc Harvey Watson.

His beat covers a big chunk of the University of Leicester and all of Victoria Park.

He's making a habit of collaring acts when they appear at the De Montfort Hall and asking them to film short crime prevention advice messages for the students and young people who follow him on Facebook and Twitter, where he's to be found as 'Campus Cops'.

Diversity did him proud when he got hold of them on Tuesday night.

Visit Harvey online to see the results and to witness a police officer using social networking sites to reach as broad an audience as possible.

So, in the space of a few months because of Harvey I've spoken to one of the Saturdays and, very indirectly, Diversity.

So now I'm a 3am Girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment