Friday 12 February 2010

The Tesco press office - answer came there none.


Clearly, I'm at the back of the queue when it comes to the Tesco press office.

Going back to the strong cider and lager story from a few days ago.

I know, I know. I'm tired of it too now, but I should update it.

The offending items have been taken off the shelves at the London Road Tesco Express.

Fair enough.

But what about an explanation from the company?

I want to tell the readers whether they broke the terms of the licence through oversight or cyncism.

I said a couple of days ago that we had no co-operation from the company's press office on the original story.

I hate writing "so and so was not available to comment", but I had to.

Often the missing people are those the journalist most needs to hear from.

You know, a bit of an explanation, context or even an apology.

Oh well.

They do seem to be in the news a lot though don't they?

Maybe the press office is overloaded but is working something up for me and I'll hear from them in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment