Friday 5 February 2010

That's it, I'm going home.


It's been another bitty day. Coming at the end of a bitty week.

When I came in this morning I was feeling bright and pleased with myself.

You see, I had a couple of stories on the go and I was confident they'd come off before the end of play.

One did come together but wasn't as enthusiastically received by the bosses as I'd hoped.

I liked it though and so did the police officers who were involved in it.

A thief called Russell Archer stole a sat nav from a car and presumably thought he'd got away with it.

A few minutes later he got nicked in the street because he looked suspicious. Man lurking for no apparent reason in the street in the early hours etc.

The officers, from Spinney Hill Park and Keyham Lane stations, checked the most recent destination in the sat nav and went to visit the owner.

Archer got 30 weeks for that and other crimes.

Ho ho.

The stories didn't get done because 'such and such' or 'so and so' weren't around to speak to me.

Oh well, they'll keep until Monday.

I'm looking forward to one of them because it's not the kind of story I normally write.

If I'm correct - and I'm pretty sure I am - a big chain is selling something it shouldn't.

The other is about an estate where crime has fallen madly because police have succeeded in getting their top 10 criminals locked up.

They're all in jail at the same time and will be there for months to come.

Also, I think there's a gang going round cracking safes. How Sweeney-like.

So, it takes time to bring certain stories together.

We're quick, but if you want super-quick switch the telly on.

Sky announced this afternoon that John Terry had been stripped of the England captaincy a good 20 minutes before I saw anything on the BBC website or on the Press Association wires.

No comments:

Post a Comment