Wednesday 31 March 2010

Easy interviews, tough interviews.


Today, I spoke to a mum who believes her son has been groomed and sexually abused.

As I've said before, there are easy interviews and there are tough interviews.

She described to me today the way a man systematically befriended her lad - offering him alcohol, drugs and the like - before sexually assaulting him.

The man she believes did this to her child is in court soon-ish.

We'll be there to see the outcome.

If he's convicted we'll ask the police for his mugshot and we'll do the works on him.

Today, I just wanted to meet her face to face so we could talk through how the court thing works when there will be newspaper interest in the outcome.

I said several times that victims are never identified, that we will want to print her words, not her name.

I'm not sure she knew this is how it works.

I'd assumed, with all the support for victims and their families nowadays, someone would be telling her this.

I just didn't think it would be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment