Friday 21 May 2010

My 50th post. This had better be good.


It's been a busy week, but I haven't got much to show for it.

On the plus side, Chief Supt Rob Nixon - the city's senior officer - sent a letter to the bosses to thank us for our coverage of the David Robinson story.

I've covered David's story at length on this site.

I'd suggest you go back a page or two and read the posts if you haven't done so before. Make a donation too, maybe?

On the news front, I learned a new word - clonking.

It came up in conversation with a woman I was talking to about an assault in Western Road. The allegation is that a couple of fellas attacked a man with baseball bats.

She said she saw it happening and described the sound of the bats' impact as 'clonking'.

I thought she'd made it up, but I checked the dictionary and there it was: "A thudding noise."

Another tale this week pointed out that one of our psychiatric units has been losing patients - mostly only for a few hours, admittedly - at an alarming rate.

Bosses at the Brandon Unit, at Leicester General Hospital tell us things are going to improve and when they take people out for a ciggie they'll count them out and count them back in again.

On the small beer, but still thuggish side of life, we ran a few lines about a man - and what a man - who threw a traffic cone at a passing car in Ratby.

Surely there are better things to do in the villages.

Not really sure what I'll be up to next week.

However, I'd be made up to hear from anyone who can tell me more about Romanian prostitutes sleeping under canvas in Abbey Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment