Monday 12 April 2010

Drug dealers? You can't trust them.

I searched the internet for Leicester's mephedrone dealers the other day.

I came up with a couple of names, addresses and mobile numbers within a few minutes. Easy.

The thing is, I'm not entirely sure everything is above board.

I'm sure these advertisers want your money, but I'm guessing some of them have no intention of supplying that M-cat.

When you think about it, the online market for an illicit drug favoured by young people was always going to be a rich feeding ground for criminals.

So, they're not drug dealers. Fraudsters would seem more appropriate.

There's a lot of very made-up sounding names and some ridiculous claims that these 'companies' turn over more than a million dollars a year.

So, a couple of the numbers I tried were answered by people who clearly had nothing to sell and were more than a little surprised by my call.

Then I called on a house in a quiet part of Groby.

I was greeted by a very chatty retired gent. He wasn't selling either.

The question newspapers are asking right now is 'how many kids are using this stuff?'.

I think it would be interesting to find out how many are falling foul of these tricky online criminals.

In the meantime I'll press on with my attempts to chat to a dealer.

I want to know what he/she thinks of the ban, which will come into effect on Friday.

I'd like to ask if they still think mephedrone is a harmless, party drug which they would still like to sell to young people.

From what I've seen in the past couple of days there's a big sale on right now. Maybe they're busy clearing their stocks.

There's one who I think is selling, but he's not answering his phone.

So, 'Brian of Granby Street', if you're reading this, give me a call, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment